Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Costco That Stole Christmas





I just got back from my Thursday Costco shopping trip and I am saddened to report that this beloved store of mine has been bitten by the greed bug. I bought some Alaskan King Crab for tonight's dinner (http://terrygruggen.blogspot.com/2010/10/farfalle-with-hot-crab-sauce.html). I'm used to paying $14.99 a pound for crab, but alas, no. Costco's Christmas price is $19.99 per pound.

The same greed bug has infected the meat department. I'm used to paying between $5.99 and $7.99 a pound for prime rib. The new Christmas price is $9.89! I stopped at Cub Foods after Costco and Cub had it for $8.49 per pound. Now $9.89 a pound is still a heckuva lot cheaper than Byerly's $26.99, but it's the idea of a Christmas price hike that I find especially irksome. Bah humbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment