This is an oldy but goody. In fact, it's beyond good....it's great. It's one of my all-time favorite recipes and I make it at least once a month. But it's buried here in my blog....way back in 2011. Back then I was lucky to have 7 visitors a week. Now it's up to 700 a week. So it's time to share this incredibly delicious and simple recipe again with a much larger audience.
What makes this recipe so simple is that all of the prep work on the main ingredient is already done for you. Costco sells this heavenly pulled pork that has spent 18 hours bathing in the perfect amount of hickory smoke. All you have to do is heat in your microwave for 7 minutes and then combine it with the ingredients listed below. After you taste this awesome Korean BBQ Taco, you will understand why I have made this meal 132 times over the last 11 years.
- Make the BBQ sauce by whisking all ingredients together until sugar has dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Heat pulled pork in microwave or on stove top per packaging instructions.
- Separate pork with a fork and place in a large saucepan. Pour in BBQ sauce and mix well. Turn heat on low to warm the pork and sauce mixture.
- Spoon a small amount of pork into a tortilla and let your guests add their own taco fillings.
KOREAN CUCUMBER PICKLES
1 large English cucumber, very thinly sliced (mandoline sliced is ideal)
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients. I like making it an hour in advance so that "pickles" stay crisp.