This is a really simple recipe. It's just an easy variation on my last post of the Roasted Baked Potato. Everything is the same except for the last few minutes. And what you get by following this recipe is a potato skin that has more crunch than any other skin you've ever tasted. Believe me, the secret to great potato skins is all about the crunch.
4 large russet potatoes
Fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Wash potatoes under the faucet and dry with a cloth towel.
- Pierce each potato 6 times with a fork. Coat entire potato skin with olive oil, then sprinkle skin generously with Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Place potatoes in oven and cook for 2 hours.
- Immediately slice potatoes open and use a spoon to scrape out the potato innards.
- Add cheese, scallions and bacon bits to hollowed-out potato skins.
- Return skins to oven and bake for 5 minutes. Serve.
|Grogs and Goldie, 1956|