Monday, May 6, 2013

Thai Fish Sauce Vinaigrette







If you follow my blog, you know I typically feature a complete recipe. Not this time. Today I am going to just talk about a vinaigrette. But this is not just any vinaigrette. This vinaigrette recipe is a gift from the gods. It is the best Thai vinaigrette that I have ever tasted. It is so delicious that I find myself drinking it before I even use it in a recipe.

It's incredibly versatile. It's obvious that it makes a great dressing for a salad. But I also use it on roasted brussels sprouts, roasted cauliflower or as a dipping sauce for grilled or roasted meats. Truth be told, this goes with any vegetable or any meat you can think of...and it will boost the flavor of whatever you use it on by a power of ten.

The key to this vinaigrette is the fish sauce. Hands down, the finest fish sauce in the world is Red Boat. I've been raving about it for years. If you don't have any Red Boat in your pantry, go here: http://redboatfishsauce.com/

The recipe will give you about a cup of vinaigrette. I would encourage you to double or triple the recipe...because you will start drinking it direct from the bowl before you ever get to use it.


Ingredients
1/2 cup Red Boat Fish Sauce
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
Juice of one lime
1/4 cup sugar
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 jalapeƱo pepper, seeds and stem removed and finely minced


Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until sugar has dissolved.




No comments:

Post a Comment