Sunday, November 28, 2010

In Praise of the Single Cup Coffeemaker

I'm really into good coffee and have been through just about every coffee machine known to man. Our basement is littered with burr grinders, espresso machines and my favorite big machine, the Technivorm MoccaMaster.

Back in 2001, I tired of all of the labor involved with making coffee and that the coffee started deteriorating 10 minutes after you made a fresh pot. I bought a Senseo and I loved it. You just grabbed a pod, pressed a button and in seconds you had a perfect, single cup of coffee. The problem was that they only had four flavors of coffee.

In 2008 I switched to the Keurig system (the coffeemaker pictured above is a Breville that is made for the Keurig system). There are literally hundreds of flavors made for the Keurig system. French roasts, espressos, Italian roasts, teas, hot cocoa....anything you can think of, you will find it for the Keurig system http://www.keurig.com/ . I buy all my coffee from http://www.coffeewiz.com/ as they have free shipping on orders over $50.

Every cup of coffee is perfect. You just grab a K-Cup and place it in the brewer. You can control the temp and strength with just the touch of a few buttons. Everyone can get a flavor they like best (I get Double Black Diamond, which is an incredible dark roast). We had a house full of guests this past week and everyone raved how great the system was and how much they liked that they could pick out their own flavors.

There are many different brands of single serve coffeemakers. Check them out at: http://www.singleservecoffee.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment