Saturday, May 29, 2021

Easy Grilled Caesar

 



I find cooking to be incredibly relaxing. There are days where I would like nothing better than spending three hours in the kitchen putting together a great new dish. But there are also days I don't want to hassle with a lot of prep and cooking. This recipe is for the latter.

I love a good Caesar salad. But to follow the original recipe can be time consuming: https://terrygruggen.blogspot.com/2017/12/caesar-salad-real-deal.html. When I don't want time consuming, I use today's recipe. I often use this when I've grilled a steak. I always rest my steak for 5 minutes after grilling...and this grilled Caesar takes only 2 to 3 minutes to come together.

To make it, you just slice a romaine heart in half. Brush some olive oil on the lettuce and grill it cut-side down over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes (I grill mine over charcoal....the heat gives it a sweet and smoky taste). Pop it off the grill, drizzle on some dressing and dust it with parmesan. Done.


Just pick your favorite store-bought Caesar dressing. No reason to go crazy here because the star of the show is grilled romaine. My favorite dressing for this side dish is Ken's Steakhouse Tableside Caesar (actually I am in love with just about every Ken's Steakhouse salad dressing). I'm not a fan of creamy Caesar dressings and this one tastes closest to one you would make from scratch. And from scratch would be a great option as well....but that sort of defeats the beauty of a 5-minute Caesar.


INGREDIENTS
1 heart of romaine, halved lengthwise
Extra virgin olive oil
Caesar salad dressing
Fresh grated parmesan cheese


DIRECTIONS
  1. Brush cut-side of lettuce with olive oil, then grill, cut-side down, over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
  2. Remove from grill. Drizzle with salad dressing and add a healthy dusting of parmesan. Serve.




Wine Pairing: If served with steak, go for a big Cabernet


Grogs and Goldie, 1956





No comments:

Post a Comment