This simple sauce puts an incredibly delightful crown on the king of steaks.
For the Sauce
1 cup half & half
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
For the Steaks
2 rib eye steaks (1-1/2 inches thick)
Fresh cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Let rib eye steaks come to room temperature at least 2 hours prior to cooking.
- Prepare your grill for direct cooking over high heat.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low, whisking occasionally.
- Season steaks generously with salt and pepper. Cook steaks with the grill covered for 5 minutes per side (medium rare). Remove steaks from grill and tent with foil, letting them rest for 10 minutes while sauce finishes cooking.
- When sauce has reduced by half, pour over steaks and top each steak with a tablespoon of crumbled cheese. Serve.
Wine pairing: Cabernet Sauvignon
|Grogs and Goldie, 1956|