I've had a lot of different kitchen appliances in my 67 trips around the sun. But I have to admit that I am absolutely smitten with my air fryer. Best homemade French Fries ever! And thanks to the popularity of air fryers, new recipes are popping up every day. Today I'm featuring a new recipe from America's Test Kitchen and it is a keeper!
3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 large egg
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
2, 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (whole milk)
1/4 cup marinara sauce, warmed
2 tablespoons fresh basil
Spaghetti, prepared al dente
- Combine Panko and Parmesan in a shallow dish, mixing well.
- Whisk egg, flour, garlic powder, oregano, ⅛ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper together in second shallow dish.
- Pound chicken to uniform thickness as needed. Pat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Working with 1 breast at a time, dredge in egg mixture, letting excess drip off, then coat with panko mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
- Lightly spray base of air-fryer basket with vegetable oil spray. Arrange breasts in prepared basket, spaced evenly apart, alternating ends. Place basket in air fryer and set temperature to 400 degrees. Cook until chicken is crisp and registers 160 degrees, 12 to 16 minutes, flipping and rotating breasts halfway through cooking.
- Sprinkle chicken with mozzarella. Return basket to air fryer and cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Place chicken breasts on individual serving plates on top of spaghetti and warmed marinara, then top with basil leaves. Serve.
Wine pairing: Chianti Classico
|Grogs and Goldie, 1956|