Saturday, May 4, 2019

Air Fryer French Fries





I received a Cosori Air Fryer for my wedding anniversary. After living with it for a month, I'm here to tell you that the only way you could use mine is to pry it out of my cold, dead hands. The air fryer is essentially a convection oven on steroids. I've been cooking frozen french fries in a convection oven for years....and they were nowhere near as crisp and tasty as those I cook in my air fryer.



The Cosori Air Fryer is Amazon's best selling model. It's incredibly simple to operate and it has a really large 5.8 quart capacity. The air fryer's claim to fame is that it delivers really crispy food with just a tiny mist of oil. You get the deep-fried crunch without all of the nasty stuff that comes with deep frying in hot oil.




After experimenting with a bunch of different brands and cuts of french fries, Becky and I agree that Lamb Weston Super Crispy Shoestring Fries are the absolute bomb in our air fryer. You end up with a McDonald's-like fries...nice and crispy on the outside and extra creamy on the inside.


Ingredients
1/2-bag Lamb Weston Super Crispy Shoestring Fries (frozen)
Spray cooking oil
Truffle salt


Directions

  1. Preheat air fryer at 400º for 3 minutes.
  2. Open air fryer and place french fries in the cooking basket. Give fries a half-second squirt of cooking oil (you barely need any). Close air fryer.
  3. Cook fries for 7 minutes at 400º. Then open basket and shake fries. Then cook for 7 minutes more. Open basket, give fries a dusting of truffle salt and serve.


Grogs and Goldie, 1956

1 comment: