Saturday, November 29, 2014

Root Vegetable Fries





I've been away from CrossFit Edina for five weeks now...my longest absence since I started there in 2009. I started physical therapy last week to start improving my range of motion. For the first four weeks after rotator cuff surgery, I had zero range of motion with my right arm. Now I can raise my hand over head....and even put on a belt by myself!

So I'm headed back to CrossFit on Monday. It will be slow going and I will be concentrating on lower body workouts. The range of motion therapy sessions end December 30th and then I start strength building in January.

Between my daily walks and CrossFit, I typically burn 400 to 800 calories a day. In the last five weeks, none of that happened. My clothes are a little snugger, so it's time to pay the piper. Back to a strict Paleo diet until I get a few extra pounds burned off. I'm a fan of fries, so I'd like to share this Food Network recipe for root vegetable fries.


Instructions
1 pound carrots, cut into fries
1 pound parsnips, cut into fries
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
2 egg whites, beaten
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400ยบ.
  2. Toss fries with oil, salt and lemon-pepper. Add the egg whites and toss again. Add the breadcrumbs and toss again.
  3. Spread fries out on two baking sheets and place in oven. After 20 minutes, stir fries. Bake for 15 minutes more, then serve.

Wine pairing: Merlot





No comments:

Post a Comment