One of the simplest and tastiest dishes. I would suggest you use Garofalo spaghetti: http://terrygruggen.blogspot.com/2011/03/garofalo-pasta.html
1 pound spaghetti
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
6 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- Fill a large pot with water and add 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti to pot and cook one minute less than package instructions.
- While spaghetti cooks, mince garlic. Put oil in small sauce pan and add garlic.
- Gently heat oil on low.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain, put in a large bowl, then add oil and garlic. Toss and plate.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes on each serving.