There is still snow on my deck, so I'm not firing up the grill. But I'm lusting for baby-backs and I'll use my oven to turn out some really delicious ribs. This is an incredibly easy recipe with just 3 ingredients: ribs, Dijon mustard and Famous Dave's Rib Rub. The latter is available in the seasoning department of most grocery stores and can also be found online at http://www.famousbbqstore.com/10756.html. It can also be made from scratch by using this recipe: http://www.recipegoldmine.com/grillsauce/famous-daves-rib-rub.html .
While this recipe is for three racks of pork ribs (feeds 6-8 people), it can be easily scaled down for one or two racks. My ribs came from Costco ($3.29 per pound) and are sold in 3-packs. I typically serve my ribs with hash browns and cole slaw.
3 racks of baby-back ribs
9 heaping tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 bottle of Famous Dave's Rib Rub (5.5 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a jelly pan with foil and place a wire rack on top.
4. Put 3 heaping tablespoons of Dijon mustard on each rack.
9. After 2 1/2 hours, remove ribs from oven.
10. Slice between each rib and serve ribs on a platter.
Wine pairing: Zinfandel