When you're hungry, roast.
When you're in a rush, roast.
When you're in doubt, roast.
When you're entertaining, roast.
(Barbara Kafka, 1995)
Flank Steak Ingredients
1 flank steak, about 2 lbs
1/4 cup EVOO
2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
Fresh ground pepper to taste
2 teaspoons of granulated garlic
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place empty roasting pan on lowest rack in oven.
- Generously coat the steak on both sides with the extra virgin olive oil. Then sprinkle the rest of the ingredients evenly on both sides.
- When the oven is at temperature, place the steak on the preheated roasting pan (thick part of the steak should be in the back of the oven). Follow these times:
- Rare: Roast 6 minutes on side 1, flip and roast 6 minutes more
- Medium rare: Roast 7 minutes on side 1, flip and roast 7 minutes more
- Medium: Roast 9 minutes on side 1, flip and roast 9 minutes more
5. After 5 minutes, slice thinly across the grain (see above photo).
Roasted Cauliflower Ingredients
1 head of cauliflower
10 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup EVOO
1 tablespoon Kosher salt
1/2 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and put in a gallon Ziploc bag. Add all other ingredients except Parmesan cheese. Seal bag and shake to mix all ingredients.
- Pour cauliflower out into a single layer on a large jelly pan.
- Place pan in oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove from oven. Sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese and serve.