Sunday, February 13, 2011

Winter Burgers


During the summer months, I like to grind my own burgers using deliciously fatty short ribs and cooking them up on the grill. Come winter, I don't grill because I hate going out in the cold.

During the winter months, I switch to Costco's ground sirloin burgers. They are made from sirloin instead of miscellaneous beef cuts. They go through Costco's beef inspection program which is far more stringent than the government's meat inspection program. They are absolutely delicious and cost only $2.67 a pound ($15.99 for a 6 pound bag).

And talk about easy to prepare! I heat up a griddle to 350 degrees and throw on two tablespoons of coconut oil (any oil or butter will do). Cook them from frozen for 5 minutes on each side. Toss on a little kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper and Worcestershire Sauce and you are good to go.

Wine pairing: A nice, inexpensive Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.

No comments:

Post a Comment