1 medium head of cauliflower
1 tablespoon of cream cheese (at room temperature)
3 tablespoons of butter (at room temperature)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
10 cloves of garlic
1/4 teaspoon of chicken base or bullion (or substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 tablespoon of chopped chives plus extra for garnish
- Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat. Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces.
- Put a small amount of oil in a small fry pan (I use a quick spray of Pam). Turn on heat to medium high and add garlic cloves. Stir and turn every minute until cloves are toasted and turn dark brown.
- After the garlic is toasted and set aside, add cauliflower to boiling water and cook 6-8 minutes. Drain thoroughly...do not let the cauliflower cool. Dry between 2 layers of paper towels.
- In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, combine all ingredients and puree until almost smooth.
- Plate each serving and garnish with the extra chives.