4 split chicken breasts (skin and bone included)
4 tablespoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons of Kosher salt
2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
2 teaspoons rosemary
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees*.
- Rub each breast with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle each with one-half teaspoon of salt, one-half teaspoon pepper, one-half teaspoon rosemary.
- Place breasts on a roasting pan, skin side up. Slide pan into oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, flip breasts so they are now skin side down.
- After another 10 minutes, flip breasts so that they are skin side up again.
- After 10 minutes, remove breasts from oven (total cooking time is 30 minutes). Let rest for 5 minutes, then serve with your favorite vegetable.
*This can also be done in a grill. Put all the charcoal on one half of the charcoal grate , so you have a "direct" and "indirect" cooking surface. Keep the chicken breasts on the indirect side the entire time (with the grill covered). No need to flip due to the convection effect inside the grill. Just make sure your grill is holding the 500 degree temperature throughout the 30 minutes.