2, 16-20 ounce Porterhouse steaks, 1 1/4 inch thick
Fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Fill a charcoal chimney with charcoal and ignite.
- Season each steak with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Cook the steaks, 5 minutes per side over direct heat.
- When done cooking, remove from grill. Tent with foil and let steaks rest 5 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut along the bone to remove the strip steak side in a single piece. Repeat for tenderloin side.
- Cut diagonally across the meat to create 1/2 inch slices (see small photo above).
- Divide slices among plates. Drizzle each serving with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and squeeze one-half lemon over each serving. Serve immediately.
*If you are an earlier follower of my blog, you know that I use organic lemon juice from Costco in lieu of fresh lemons: http://terrygruggen.blogspot.com/2010/10/lemon-juice.html. A lemon yields 3 tablespoons of juice, so if you use the Italian Volcano lemon juice, use 1 1/2 tablespoons per serving for drizzling.