The beauty of this recipe is that you get an incredibly delicious, hard skin....almost as if it had been deep fried. Make sure you slice open the potatoes immediately after removing them from the oven. That will preserve the crispness of the skin.
4 Russet potatoes
Fresh cracked pepper
For garnish: butter, fresh chives, bacon bits, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and thoroughly dry potatoes.
- Poke each potato four times with a fork.
- Place potatoes on a flat, rimmed pan.
- Generously rub olive oil on the outside of each potato.
- Generously sprinkle salt and fresh ground pepper on each potato.
- Place potatoes in oven and cook for two hours.
- Remove from oven and slice open immediately (so that the skin does not steam and soften).
- Serve immediately with garnishes.