Saturday, April 4, 2020

Lemon Pasta with Tuna





I'm a huge fan of the video game "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare". My favorite mode in this game is called "Warzone". It's premise is quite simple. You and 149 other enemy soldiers jump out of a plane and parachute to the ground below. The only item in your possession is a very weenie handgun. So the minute you hit the ground, you have to frenetically scavenge for equipment. Assault rifles, sniper rifles, machine guns, grenades, claymores, etc. In video game vernacular it is called "looting". Without the right loot, you will not fare very well. (If you are playing the team version of this game, you want Tim Blackstone on your side. When it comes to looting, he is the GOAT!)

We are all now sheltering in place. The challenges associated with that have allowed me to take my Call of Duty scavenging skills and apply them to real life. I've managed to keep a good inventory of food and necessary items by using my computer to loot. I'm using Amazon, Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods, Instacart, Grubhub, Total Wine and Door Dash to deliver loot to my door. So far so good. It's challenging, fun and chews up a lot of time...which we all have in abundance.

While getting fresh food has not been difficult, I find that I still rely a lot on my pantry at meal time. Thankfully, I have a lot of Cento tuna and Garofalo pasta on hand...as well as bottles of Costco's Italian Volcano Lemon Juice. So when I found this recipe on "The Home Cook's Kitchen" blog...I was good to go. No scavenging necessary.


Ingredients
4 ounces fettuccini( or other pasta)
2-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 red onion, finely sliced
1/4 cup chopped parsley
10 ounces canned tuna (Cento recommended)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
Parmesan cheese


Directions
  1. Cook pasta al dente, according to package instructions, in lightly salted water.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the tuna, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, red onion and season with salt and pepper.
  3. Taste and adjust lemon juice, salt and pepper accordingly.
  4. Combine tuna with warm pasta.
  5. Serve with a dusting of Parmesan cheese.




Wine pairing: Merlot


Grogs and Goldie, 1956


No comments:

Post a Comment