Saturday, November 26, 2016

Roasted Celery





My favorite dish at Thanksgiving is stuffing. I make mine with Brownberry Sage and Onion bread cubes. To that I add turkey stock, butter, sautéed mushrooms, onion, hot Italian sausage and celery. A complete and delicious meal all in itself.

I buy the celery at Costco. Typical of Costco, it is sold in bulk and there is more celery than I would ever need for just my stuffing. So what to do with all of the extra celery? Roast it. It's fast, easy and absolutely succulent. And it goes great with those leftover turkey sandwiches!


Ingredients
1 head of celery, separated into individual stalks
Extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt
Fresh cracked pepper


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Drizzle olive oil over the stalks, then season with salt and pepper.
  3. Roast celery for 20 minutes, then serve.



Wine pairing: If I'm serving this with a turkey sandwich, I'll have a Merlot, please.





No comments:

Post a Comment