It does not get any easier than this. Marinate your wings for four hours and then pop them in the oven for 20 minutes. Done.
These work great as an appetizer. However, I find them so delicious that I make a meal of them. Toss in a side and a salad and you have a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
If you want to make it really easy, buy your Teriyaki sauce at the store. If you're fussy about ingredients, buy an organic Teriyaki sauce. If you're super fussy about ingredients, like I am, make your own Teriyaki sauce from scratch using the recipe below.
Teriyaki Sauce from Scratch
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sweet rice wine
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons minced ginger
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until sugar dissolves.
Teriyaki Chicken Wings
3 pounds fresh chicken wings
2 cups Teriyaki sauce
- Place wings in a large 2-gallon Ziploc bag.
- Add Teriyaki sauce to bag. Seal bag. Gently roll bag to distribute marinade. Lay flat in refrigerator and let wings marinate for four hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 500º.
- Line two baking sheets with foil and place wire racks over foil. Put half of wings on one rack and the other half on the other.
- Place racks in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Let wings rest for five minutes then serve.
Wine pairing: Zinfandel for red. Sauvignon Blanc for white.